About me and my work Rudi Gabriel Bedy 2017-07-12T22:14:32+00:00
Senior Social Media Manager
Testo SE & Co. KGaA, July 2016 – present
- Development and implementation of a Global Social Media Strategy for Marketing, Sales, HR and other functions.
- Definition of Local Social Media Strategies with country organizations based on the Global Strategy and roll-out of the activities.
- Continuous support of the country organizations.
- Responisble for developing global social media campaigns, online marketing measures and Marketing Automation.
- Responsible for all the dialogues measures, content development and editorial planning.
- Responsible for WW Online Monitoring (Blogs, News, Forums, Social Media, Print)
Visit Testo’s social presences
Head of Social Media Marketing
Villeroy & Boch, July 2013 – June 2016
- Further development and implementation of the group’s social media strategy in coordination with the business divisions and corporate communications
- Integration of social media in the (digital) communications strategy and campaigns to reinforce the brand and as lead generation
- Strategy and support for an international rollout in the country subsidiaries
- Overall responsibility for dialogue measures and editorial planning of all central social media activities
- Further development of the current social media channels to improve interaction with the target groups (B2B / B2C) and identification, preparation and development of the relevant channels and platforms including mobile
- Project management KPI development and the corresponding results-oriented activity planning as well as budget, controlling and timing
- Social media monitoring and reporting: analysis, reports, interpretation and optimisation
- Working as a member of and management of national, international and interdisciplinary project teams
- Consultation for and training of the business divisions and subsidiaries and HR
- Management of the Community Manager and other trainees and interns
It’s a pleasure to work alongside Rudi. He’s very skilled concerning online analysis, SoMe and digital marketing. He is a very approachable colleague, highly professional and able to explore new solutions for the business. I have not doubts in recommending him as a good employee.
It’s a pleasure to work with Rudi. He is a highly innovative, effective and experienced social media evangelist. In his role at Villeroy & Boch he has a keen focus on the consumer needs and a superb ability to manage social media complexity while using analysis insights and specific technique. Rudi is also a great team player, always bringing out the best of his colleagues.
Rudi is successfully managing all international social media activities at Villeroy & Boch. He is driving innovation and thereby constantly overachieving the goals with his team. It’s a pleasure to work with Rudi on customer oriented big data marketing.
During my time in Rudi’s team we developed several social media campaigns which fulfil their targets by far. Rudi is always very passionate and enthusiastic in his projects. He has an excellent know-how about different social media channels and always good advices for his colleagues.
Visit Villeroy & Boch’s social presences
Global Social Media Manager
August 2011 – June 2013 (1 year 11 months)
- Defining, Implementation and Monitoring of the overall Social Media Strategy for achieving the objectives.
- Development and Implementation of Global Social Media Marketing initiatives and Integrated Marketing Campaigns
- Development and management of Global and Local Social Media team members
- Strategic partnership and business development regarding social media products.
- Working with interactive media companies and agencies.
- Collaborating with the B2C/B2B marketing and communication departments (Product Marketing manager, Marketing Manager, Online Marketing, Global PR coordinators and Content Coordinators) and making sure that the marketing messages are correctly used in the social media communication and that the campaigns are aligned with the product objectives.
Social Media Manager
BitDefender, January 2010 – August 2011 (1 year 8 months)
- Developing Social Media Projects/Campaigns and implementing them at global and local level for different POPs (regions/countries). Consultant of the local PRs on Online Projects, SEO, SEM and Social Media/Web 2.0/New Media projects and E-mail Marketing.
- Development and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns
- Responsible for all press center on the BitDefender websites
- Trainer for new Social Media employees.
- Developing and managing new online marketing projects.
- Part of the crisis situation team.
- Project Manager MalwareCity.com (re-branding,re-designing,maintaining,SEO,SEM, creating partnerships with other sites, localizing the website in French, Spanish, Romanian and other languages, Social Media/Web 2.0 tactics)
Digital Marketing/Social Media Coordinator
BitDefender, June 2008 – January 2010 (1 year 8 months)
- Creating, updating and maintaining parts of the BitDefender websites, blogs and forums. Implementation of Google Analytics on websites and SM projects. SEO, SEM and Webmaster Tools (Google).
- Creation and maintenance of accounts on social media sites BitDefender (Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn and others) and content websites.
- Creation and maintenance of YouTube channels, creating videos. Including product presentation videos.
- Finding new online ways and contacts to promote the products (US/RO/DE/WW)
- Supporting all marketing activities with Social Media tactics.
- Partnerships with different websites to promote the products.
- Translation of documents from German into Romanian.
- Project Manager for a series of Social Media projects: “Knock Knock” joke campaign (http://edu.bitdefender.com/ ), “Superheroes are so overrated” presentation movie, other video projects (http://www.youtube.com/user/BitDefenderVideos, http://www.youtube.com/user/BitDefenderWorld).
- Project Manager for MalwareCity.com
- Trainer and co-manager of the activities of a Internship project about Social Media.
Viral Marketing Coordinator
BitDefender, September 2007 – June 2008 (10 months)
- Supporting on-line response in critical situations
- Developing and implementing viral campaigns
- Conducting Online Marketing research studies
- Maintaining and promoting the Bitdefender forum.
- Finding new online ways to promote the products (US/RO/DE/WW)
- Product Support on other forums (Home Users/Corporate)
- Project Manager of the BitDefender Security Portal (www.malwarecity.com – Blog, News, Dictionary)
- Promoting of the online products and negotiating integration in third party websites
- Promoting the HR Campaigns on Web 2.0/ New Media platforms
- Supporting all Online Marketing campaigns with Social Media
BitDefender, October 2006 – September 2007 (1 year)
- Creating, promoting, maintaining the BitDefender Forum (forum.bitdefender.com)
- Finding new contacts for online collaboration.
- Creating and maintaining an Unofficial Blog
- Product Support on other forums (Home Users/Corporate)
- Translating documents from German into Romanian
- Collecting feedback regarding the products and reporting to PMs
- Analyzing the market and reporting
- Creating and maintaining YouTube channels, creating videos
- Planning and coordinating the Anti Software Piracy program
Visit Bitdefender’s social presences
Rudi is what i call a dynamic online community manager. He understands the principals of engaging people via online channels of communication. I had the pleasure to manage Rudi for years and we developed together great projects that were instrumental to community development and brand awareness to BitDefender. I am looking forward to seeing more great things accomplished by Rudi.
Rudi Gabriel has great knowledge in e-commerce, web sales and marketing and social media. It is great working with him over the past three years and he was always a trust worthy colleague. His support helped the German subsidiary of BitDefender to drive business and to achieve extremely positive feedback from customers and the market.
Working with Rudy is a constant surprise for me, a pleasant one. Highly responsive to any creative challenge, passionate about his job and social media ongoing developments. He is always looking for improvement, proving to be a great leadership and a skillful team manager.
Rudi has been working on the Bitdefender Social Media Marketing team from the beginning and has accomplished great achievements, given his passion for this domain. Together with his team he has created social media campaigns with significant impact, which overachieved the objectives initially set by the company. He has also focused on educating the people through social media about the dangers of the internet and how they can stay safe. A clear strategy with detailed tactics to achieve the objectives is a must for Rudi. If you need a tip on what to do on Social Media, he is the guy to ask.
Rudi is focused on results and has both the strategic vision and the attention to key details. He’s a good communicator and an excellent problem-solver, and it all adds up to an excellent partner to work with.
Rudi and his team has deftly managed this tremendous responsibility. With a deep understanding of the platforms, their advantages, how, where and when to utilize and through creative applications, social media has carved its critical niche in our marketing strategy and very advantageously – cost effectively. Rudi has helped to do something very difficult for any software company – add a ‘social’ nature.
If you want to know about Social Media, and specifically how to leverage your business than you need to talk to Rudi. His creativity and knowledge is unbelievable. He has a great instinct about managing staff and helping each individual grow. Rudi is a fantastic business partner. He does what he says he is going to do, on time or ahead of time. He is customer-focused, professional, and a pleasure to work with.
Rudi is a genuine social media specialist with an excelent knowledge of communities development and management. He initiated, developed and succesfully managed a global social community project for BitDefender. Rudi has a lot of energy, passion and determination to set things on the right track.
Rudi has been instrumental in BitDefender’s social media efforts over the last 3 years, helping to develop malwarecity.com into one of the top sites for the anti-malware press and community. He has asolid understanding of and ability to execute social media and online programs and is a hard worker and dedicated employee. Rudi has great potential and a promising future in social media and he would be an asset to any company wanting to develop their social media strategy and team.
Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing)
Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, 2009 – 2012
Social Media Marketing,
Online Marketing, Online Communications, Community Relations,
Strategy Development, Online Reputation Management, Social Media Monitoring, Blog Marketing,
Blogger Outreach, Brand Awareness, Sentiment Analysis, Digital Marketing, Viral Marketing, Social Media Strategy, SEO,
SEM, SMO, Social Media, Community Outreach, Blogger,
Crisis Communications, Crisis Management